SAfAIDS is a regional NGO working across the SADC region, as a centre of excellence promoting effective and ethical development responses to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), HIV, TB and gender through advocacy, communication and social mobilisation.
SAfAIDS is looking for a Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant to ensure alignment of monitoring and evaluation activities to programmes M&E frameworks and plans, log-frames, PMPs, theories of change, data quality standards and guidelines. The M&E Assistant is responsible for generation and reporting of high quality programmes data through ensuring Southern Hub programme data is collated, analysed and reported in a timely manner; provision of M&E capacity building to SAfAIDS and partners’ staff; and overseeing that data collection and reporting tools and other M&E tools are being appropriately utilised by programmes and partners’ staff. She/he will be responsible for developing logframes, results frameworks, performance monitoring plans (PMPs), and designing Theories of Change (TOCs) and related M&E and research tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, operations research, economics, Information Systems or any social sciences. Masters degree in Biostatistics, Population Studies, statistics or any relevant field is an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience hands on experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Strong research experience with demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative methods
- Strong experience in developing logframes, results frameworks, performance monitoring plans (PMPs), and designing Theories of Change (TOCs) and related M&E and research tools
- Field experience (data collection, enumerator training) is essential
- Advanced computer skills in spreadsheets and graphics presentations, including knowledge of software packages such as SPSS/STATA/SAS. Excel, Access
- Conversant with web-based database development and data management would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills in managing internal and external partners with demonstrated capacity to supervise consultants, data capturers, assistants and Graduate Trainees.
- Solid background in information and knowledge management with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Application Requirements and Deadline:
Candidates are required to email a motivational letter and curriculum vitae; with information on current salary, benefits and contact details of 3 referees to: email@example.com by the 5th of February 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.