Position: Finance and Administration Assistant
Placement: SAfAIDS South Africa Country Office
SAfAIDS is a regional NGO working across the SADC region, as a trend-setter in promoting integrated effective and ethical development responses to SRHR, by enabling Gender Equality, Social Inclusion and Resilience for All. SAfAIDS is looking for an innovative, dynamic, versatile Finance and Administration Assistant (FAA) for its Republic of South Africa Country Office. The FAA will ensure all financial data is captured into Pastel accurately and that all financial documents are properly filed. The position enables payments and disbursements whilst ensuring that expenditure is done in line with approved budgets and that all supporting documents are complete. The FAA is responsible for managing the organizations debtors and creditors, petty cash maintenance, payment of per diems and contingencies and checking liquidations for both staff and partners. She/He oversees administrative functions of the Office, which include managing transport, events and meetings; and support to human resources functions. The FAA will be responsible to ensure compliance of human resources, procurement and administration policies by staff, and partners; and effect grant management practices. She/ He will manage grants for all programmes in the country Office. This position will assist in the preparation of management accounts on a monthly basis for internal reporting to ensure that accurate and timely management accounting information is presented to Senior Management to enable effective monitoring, decision making and control.
- A minimum qualification of a relevant University degree in Finance / Accounts / Business Administration or related area. Qualifications for this position should be from certified and recognized institutions.
- A minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience, relevant to the scope of work.
- Good technical understanding and appreciation of cash and bank reconciliations, finance and grant management, budget and asset monitoring, management accounts, administration support and financial audits.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, planning and attention to detail.
- Advanced computer literacy skills including Ms Excel and Pastel.
Professionals living with HIV, who identify as LGBTQI+, or with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application Requirements and Deadline:
Candidates are required to email a motivational letter and curriculum vitae; with information on current salary, benefits and contact details of three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 12th of January 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.