Position: District Officer (DO)
Placement: Rushinga, Zimbabwe District Office
SAfAIDS is a regional NGO working across the SADC region, as a trendsetter in promoting integrated effective and ethical development responses to SRHR, by enabling Gender Equality, Social Inclusion and Resilience for All. SAfAIDS is looking for an innovative, dynamic and experienced professional with a trail-blazing record to join the SAfAIDS Programming team as District Officer in the Zimbabwe District Office, Rushinga. The candidate must have exceptional planning, implementation and monitoring of district demand generation activities for VMMC and biomedical services. The DO is responsible for ensuring that Program deliverables are performed with effectiveness and efficiency in line with the proposal, approved budget and work-plan. She/He/They will work in collaboration with district level Stakeholders to increase project performance in the district. The candidate identifies opportunities for increasing VMMC performance in the district. Complete, comprehensively, a daily activity sheet as well as the weekly report detailing all work activities undertaken. The DO prepares weekly summaries of client successfully motivated to get circumcised, the number of group educational sessions and outreach activities conducted to include type of sector visited, number of individuals reached, number of clients referred, schedule of sessions; VMMC sessions conducted; number of participants per session, as per given record form and submit weekly reports. On a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis, the DO produces high quality programme reports in a timely manner. She/He/They drafts donor narrative reports, and ensure that financial and M&E reports are prepared and reviewed in a timely manner.
- A relevant University Degree and Post Graduate qualification in Social Sciences, Development Studies or related field.
- Clean Class 4 driver`s license with ability and willingness to ride a motorcycle.
- Minimum of 5 years community experience in demand creation activities for HIV prevention programs particularly VMMC including mobilization, training and facilitation.
- Experience in supporting and managing community sustainable livelihood activities is an added advantage.
- Good emotional intelligence especially when faced with challenging situations.
- Excellent Project planning, management and implementation experience.
- Must have basic Research, M & E knowledge.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- The incumbent must be able to write project reports.
Professionals living with HIV, with disabilities, and of diverse gender identities or sexual orientation; are encouraged to apply.
Application Requirements and Deadline:
Candidates are required to email a motivational letter and curriculum vitae; with information on current salary, benefits and contact details of three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th June, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.