Position: Finance Assistant
Placement: SAfAIDS, Pretoria, South Africa
Start date: Immediately
SAfAIDS is a regional NGO working across the SADC region, as a centre of excellence promoting effective and ethical development responses to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), HIV, TB and gender through advocacy, communication and social mobilisation.
SAfAIDS is looking for Finance Assistant, this position exists to receive, disburse, account for and report on all funds received in the SAfAIDS Country Office. The Finance Assistant will ensure efficient, effective and professional management of the Finance functions for the Country Office, and all its operations across the country, in consultation with the Country Officer –Finance and Support Services (CO-FSS) at Country Office.
The position falls under the SAfAIDS Finance and Support Services Department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- At least 3 years professional experience.
- Work exposure in the NGO sector will be a distinct advantage.
- Problem solving and good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of PASTEL
- Must be able to work under pressure with minimum supervision, result oriented with strong analytical skills
- Must be able to multi-task and should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated settings
- Experience with programme activity budgeting and financial programme management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills in managing internal and external partners with demonstrated capacity to supervise junior staff.
Application Requirements and Deadline:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.