Executive Director Advert
Position: Executive Director
Placement: Regional Office
Due date: 16 August 2019
SAfAIDS, a leading Regional NGO on Sexual Reproductive Health and HIV in Africa is looking to hire a dynamic visionary Executive Director (ED). This is an extraordinary opportunity for an exemplary Chief Executive to lead a well-known and highly respected organization on its mission to ensure that the people of Africa realize their sexual and reproductive rights through policy advocacy, communications and knowledge management. We therefore invite suitably qualified persons to apply.
Key Responsibilities :
- Provide strategic vision and collaborative, values-based leadership to advance the strategic direction of SAfAIDS.
- Leverage strategic relationships with funders, community partners, and other non-profit organizations to diversify funding streams.
- Strengthen the SAfAIDS Brand by expanding and deepening Internal and External Relations.
- Develop Innovative and Evidence based Regional Sexual and Reproductive Health Policy Advocacy programmes, models and activities.
- Provides fiduciary oversight while ensuring proper utilisation of resources through sound financial management systems and budgetary controls.
- Leverage a multi-dimensional organization so as to deliver on the organisation’s mandate effectively and efficiently.
- Strengthen internal organizational infrastructure to support ongoing excellence into the future.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in senior leadership roles, preferably in SRHR, HIV, Gender NGO Regional and International organizations, non-profit entities, with a demonstrable track record of outstanding performance and measurable growth benchmarks;
- Must have a Master’s degree in Business Administration/ and Management, or Public Health, or Social Science is preferred;
- Additional Qualifications in Sexual Reproductive Health, or Gender, Policy, Communications, Human Rights are a must;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in non-profit administration with proven financial management, budgetary control:
- Experience collaborating with and leveraging a talented board of directors to craft and develop a long-term strategic plan for increased impact;
- Strong fundraising ability with proven philanthropic/donor relationships via a wide spectrum of funders;
- Creative, strategic critical thinker with entrepreneurial spirit, able to identify opportunities;
- Track record of effectively leading and scaling up a non-profit organization and staff;
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate, build strong professional relationships and connect diverse stakeholders within the sector;
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, unquestioned integrity, and grow optimism to the organization;
- High emotional intelligence with an engaging and accessible style that builds trust and confidence across diverse team cultures and priorities;
- Strong people management skills; treat staff and stakeholders with respect, professionalism and fairness; respect for diversity in a multicultural team.
Application Requirements and Deadline:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.