Position: Country Coordinator
Start date: 01 June 2019
SAfAIDS is a regional NGO working across the SADC region, as a centre of excellence promoting effective and ethical development responses to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), HIV, TB and gender through advocacy, communication and social mobilisation. SAfAIDS is looking for a Country Coordinator to support implementation of the TB in the mining sector programme in Lesotho. The post requires skilled self-starters with experience in implementing TB/HIV prevention, treatment and care programmes for miners, ex-miners and their families including adults and young people in the surrounding mining communities, with an above average knowledge and experience in managing TB and HIV management, Sexual Reproductive Health programmes. He/she will be responsible for leading and implementing the programme including working with M&E team, community cadres, and leadership and supporting CSOs to mobilise key populations to access TB and HIV services. The Country Coordinator will also be responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of national and district level interventions of the TB in the mining sector programmes phase 2 (TIMS2 programme).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social Work, Social Sciences, Health Education or other relevant field. Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in implementing TB and HIV prevention, treatment and care programmes for the miners and ex-miners and their families, with an above average knowledge and experience in managing Sexual Reproductive Health programmes.
- Thorough knowledge of National Strategic Plan on HIV/STIs/TB, gender programming and SRHR issues in Namibia, Mozambique and South Africa coupled with knowledge of national, provincial and district level structures and protocols.
- Proven expertise facilitating collaborative work with programme partners at community level, working with traditional leaders, community cadres including mining workers and focusing on families
- Understanding of social ecological model
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building, advocacy, communication and social mobilisation including report writing and documentation
- Proven independent research monitoring and evaluation experience
- Experience with programme activity budgeting and financial programme management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Solid background in information and knowledge management with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Application Requirements and Deadline:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.