Position: Country Focal Person (CFP)
Placement: Maseru, Lesotho
Start date: 1 October 2018
SAfAIDS is a regional NGO working across the SADC region, as a centre of excellence promoting effective and ethical development responses to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), HIV, TB and gender through advocacy, communication and social mobilisation. SAfAIDS is looking for a Country Focal Person (CFP) to manage and coordinate the Lesotho Country Office operations to ensure they are in tandem with the SAfAIDS mandate and in line with the National Agenda of the country. This post requires a skilled self-starter with experience in implementing HIV prevention, treatment and care programmes for adults and young people including livelihoods, with an above average knowledge and experience in managing Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights programmes. He/She will be responsible to implement the SAfAIDS Strategic Plan at country level, and ensure compliance to all SAfAIDS policies and SOPs at country level.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Health Education or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in implementing HIV prevention, treatment and care programmes for adults and young people including livelihoods, with an above average knowledge and experience in managing Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights initiatives.
- Knowledge of National Strategic Plans on HIV/STIs/TB, Gender programming and SRHR issues in Lesotho
- Comprehensive capacity in the design and implementation of HIV, SRHR and Gender programming at regional level.
- Proven expertise facilitating collaborative work with the programme partners and leaders at community, national and regional level.
- Demonstrated experience in resource mobilisation, capacity building, report writing and documentation
- Proven independent research monitoring and evaluation experience
- Experience with programme activity budgeting and financial programme management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills in managing internal and external partners with demonstrated capacity to supervise junior staff.
- Solid background in information and knowledge management with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience of working in the southern Africa region and on HIV and health projects with multiple partners would be a distinct advantage
Application Requirements and Deadline:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.