Position: Graduate Trainee, Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER), including Strategic Information Management
Placement: SAfAIDS Regional Office, Harare, Zimbabwe
Start date: 1st September 2018
SAfAIDS is a regional NGO working across the SADC region, as a centre of excellence promoting effective and ethical development responses to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), HIV, TB and gender through advocacy, communication and social mobilisation. SAfAIDS is looking for a Graduate Trainee to support the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Strategic Information Management team at its Regional Office. This post requires a skilled self-starter, with experience in managing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems, data collection and analysis for programming, mentoring and support to implementing partners in complying to MER processes and procedures. He/she will be responsible for timely reporting of complete and high-quality data, compiling monthly and quarterly M&E reports, supporting research teams and SIE data collection staff at national level; and design basic M&E tools and mechanisms for effective results-based reporting.
- A degree in statistics, demography, economics, epidemiology, public health or a related field
- Some experience in monitoring and evaluation of health and development programmes at multi-country or regional level
- Experience in managing on and offline platforms, including new technologies such as application of m-Health and ICTs, towards sustaining robust M&E systems
- Experience in designing logical framework models, and developing M&E tools
- Understands how to execute results-based monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in basic research methods
- Adapt computer skills in spreadsheets, databases and graphics presentations, including knowledge of statistical packages e.g. SPSS, STATA, Atlas and NVivo9
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to build capacity and mentor partners in M&E and research methods
- Experience of working in the southern Africa region and on SRHR, HIV and health interventions with multiple partners.
Application Requirements and Deadline:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.