Position: Programme Officer
Placement: SAfAIDS Regional Office, Harare, Zimbabwe
Start date: 1st September 2018
SAfAIDS is a regional NGO working across the SADC region, as a centre of excellence promoting effective and ethical development responses to sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), HIV, TB and gender through advocacy, communication and social mobilisation. SAfAIDS is looking for a Programme Officer to support the Programmes Team at its Regional Office. This post requires a skilled self-starter with experience in implementing HIV prevention, treatment and care programmes for adults and young people including livelihoods, with an above average knowledge and experience in managing Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights programmes. He/she will be responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of national level interventions of the SAfAIDS regional programmes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Social Sciences, Health Education or other relevant field. Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in implementing HIV prevention, treatment and care programmes for adults and young people including livelihoods, with an above average knowledge and experience in managing Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights initiatives.
- Knowledge of National Strategic Plans on HIV/STIs/TB, Gender programming and SRHR issues in Zimbabwe.
- Comprehensive capacity in the design and implementation of HIV, SRHR and Gender programming.
- Proven expertise facilitating collaborative work with local programme partners at community level, working with local leadership leaders with a core focus on families
- Sound understanding of social ecological model
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building, report writing and documentation
- Proven independent research monitoring and evaluation experience
- Experience with programme activity budgeting and financial programme management
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills in managing internal and external partners with demonstrated capacity to supervise junior staff.
- Solid background in information and knowledge management with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Application Requirements and Deadline:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.