- Sub-Regional Strategic Information Manager – Pretoria
- District SIE Officer – North West
- District Programme Officer - Limpopo
SAfAIDS is a regional NGO working in southern Africa. It is a centre of excellence that promotes effective and ethical development responses to sexual and reproductive health and rights, HIV, TB and gender through advocacy, communication and social mobilisation. SAfAIDS is looking for the following highly skilled and experienced professionals to join its dynamic team in South Africa.
- Sub Regional Strategic Information Manager
This post is based at the sub-regional Office in Pretoria and the incumbent will be responsible for managing strategic Information for South Africa, Swaziland and Lesotho Programmes. The post requires a skilled self-starter, with experience in research, managing research teams and SIE staff, design and management of comprehensive multi-dimensional monitoring and evaluation systems.
- A PhD or Master’s Degree in statistics, demography, epidemiology, public health or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in monitoring and evaluation of health and development programmes at multi-country or regional level
- Experience in new technologies, including application of m-Health and ICTs towards M&E systems
- Experience in logical framework models and results based monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Strong research experience with demonstrated ability in quantitative and qualitative methods; survey techniques and operational research; tool design; data management systems building; data quality assurance and data analysis mechanisms
- Advanced computer skills in spread sheets, databases and graphics presentations, including knowledge of statistical packages such as SPSS, STATA, Atlas and NVivo 9
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to build capacity and mentor organisational partners in M & E and research methods
- Experience of working in the southern Africa region and on HIV and health projects with multiple partners would be a distinct advantage.
- District SIE Officer
This post is based at the SAfAIDS Office in Ventersdorp, North West Province and the incumbent is primarily responsible for ensuring generation and reporting of high quality program data. The incumbent must be highly skilled in management of electronic databases.
- A first degree in statistics, demography, epidemiology, public health or related field
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Strong research experience with demonstrated ability in the use of quantitative and qualitative methods
- Field experience ( data collection, enumerator training) is essential
- Advanced computer skills in spreadsheets and graphics presentations, including knowledge of software packages such as SPSS/STATA/SAS. Excel, Access
- Conversant with web-based database development and data management. Knowledge of CBIMS would be a distinct advantage
- Significant experience in capacity building of staff in SIE
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- District Programme Officers x 2
The District Programme Officers are based at the SAfAIDS District Offices in Giyani, Limpopo and Ventersdorp, North West Province. This post requires a self-motivated individual, able to coordinate various programs activities in assigned districts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social Work, Social Sciences, Health Education or other relevant field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in implementing OVC, HIV and livelihoods programmes, with an above average knowledge and experience in Sexual Reproductive Health programmes
- An in-depth knowledge of health and social issues for OVC in South Africa coupled with knowledge of local structures at provincial level
- Proven expertise facilitating collaborative work with programme partners at community level and focusing on families and caregivers
- Demonstrated experience in training and facilitation
- Must have M & E knowledge and some basic research knowledge
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to supervise junior programme staff.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.