Call for Proposal to design KP REACH NET website and develop mobile applications
About KP REACH
The Key Populations – Representation, Evidence and Advocacy for Change in Health (KP REACH) is a regional consortium of KP networks, wider civil society and the private sector partners who through a Global Fund funded three year program (2016-2018) have come together to implement a programme whose goal is the reduction in HIV infections and HIV-related deaths among key populations in Southern Africa through improved access by KPs to HIV prevention, testing and treatment services. The programme is being implemented in eight countries in the SADC region which are Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Swaziland, and Namibia.
KP REACH targets four KP communities – Men who have Sex with men (MSM), Women who have Sex with women (WSW), Sex Workers (SW) and Transgender people (TG). WSW are included in recognition of the vulnerability to HIV, the strong and active role of their networks in movement building, advocacy for sexual rights, sexual diversity and bodily integrity and in sharing of lessons learned in network and alliance building, KP REACH thus further focuses on KP existing and emerging networks, and addresses cross-border issues affecting KPs within its regional focus and context.
KP REACH as a newly established consortium and therefore requires to set up a programme website. A Web Design Consultant shall be hired to develop a new and interactive online resource platform, working in close consultation with the KP REACH partners. This is expected to be a dynamic interactive online information, networking and collaboration hub facilitating real time access to, and dissemination of KP REACH information across the eight program countries and KP networks.
Overall objective of the assignment:
To manage the process for identifying the best possible architecture for KP REACH website, and develop the needed functionalities and applications that market and reach the intended target audience. The designer is NOT required to develop the content for the website.
Guidelines to the Consultant / Designer:
- Create the new website (analyze, design, develop and implement)
- Implement a basic “blog” function with integrated twitter and facebook posting (; website should facilitate streaming of information between these different platforms)
- Recommend at least 2 or 3 designs that will match the objectives and mandate of the consortium
- Have an understanding of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights and HIV thematic areas
- Develop the KP REACH website on CMS (Drupal 7 or Wordpress)
- Develop a mobile App compatible with both Android and iOS
- Design a responsive Interactive website, able to showcase modern functionalities/capabilities of the design
- Develop a website maintenance and development plan
- Provide training and mentoring support to the website administrator
Specific Work Assignment:
The Consultant will complete the following specific tasks:
- Meet/showcase KP REACH consortium partners, collectively and individually to identify expectations and features of the designed website.
- Identify frequency of updates and responsibilities for management of the website and content updates
- Conceptualize and propose at least 3 significantly different lay outs (versions) of how the website will look like
- Technical design and development of functionalities on the website
Deliverables from the assignment:
The Consultant will provide the following deliverables:
- A brief report on consultations of audience and managers of the site, in terms of expectations and feasibility, and type of information to be provided.
- Several alternatives for discussion among the partners, of a website for KP REACH. This is to include the estimated effort required for content management, updates, facilitation of forums, possible integration of social media tools,pod casts etc.
- Refinement of architecture and design following inputs from partners and identified users
- Preparation of a “management/maintenance schedule”, discussed and approved by KP REACH partners
- The selected will be expected to start by submitting a draft design and prototype to share with consortium partners
Timeframe and duration of the assignment
It is expected that it will take NOT more than months to complete the assignment from the date of engagement. Consultant(s) based in Zimbabwe stand a good chance, but it is not a requirement.
The Selection Criteria
The Consultant should have:
- Proven experience of web design and support in the international development sector. Strong experience in developing in well known and widely used open source platforms, such as Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, etc.
- Preferably a Consultant who has done similar assignment for NGOs working in HIV, key populations, health and development areas in Africa and beyond
- Understanding of End Users needs to match with adequate technical solutions.
- Strong track record in web site design; security and administration; Google analytics; Search Engine Optimization.
How to submit proposal:
When submitting the proposal, the Consultant is expected to provide links to websites designed or edited by the designer, as well as any proof of successful communications/web assignments.
The proposal will be submitted to: email@example.com and please mention “Website Development Proposal” in the subject line
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Sunday 31 July 2016
Only shortlisted designers will be contacted
|Call for Website Development.pdf||84.01 KB|