Volunteer Trustees – SAfAIDS Regional Board of Trustees
SAfAIDS is a regional NGO working in southern Africa. It is a centre of excellence that promotes effective and ethical development responses to sexual reproductive health and rights, HIV and Gender through advocacy, communication and social mobilisation.
SAfAIDS is looking for three conscientious volunteer board members to join its Regional Board of Trustees (BoT). The positions will be available from February 2015 on an initial term of office of three years, with a possibility of extended service. The BoT is a voluntary, proactive governance board and besides the quarterly board meetings, board members are active on various board committees, provide technical input into SAfAIDS programmes and participate in fundraising.
- Contribute to organisational vision, mission and values
- Participate in setting the organisational strategy, policy and structure
- Provide technical input, advice and guidance on programmatic issues
- Provide financial oversight
- Contribute towards resource mobilisation and organisational sustainability
- Ensure strict adherence with legal and statutory requirements
- Participate in organisational risk management
- Exercise due accountability and be responsible to relevant stakeholders.
- Special skills in the areas of law, finance or leadership are critical
- Technical skills in the area of SRH and HIV, including programming in specific thematic areas linked to SAfAIDS mission are desirable but not essential
- Regional experience and geographical coverage of the countries in which SAfAIDS works
- Integrity and high ethical standards
- Strategic thinking and some business acumen and
- Availability, dedication and commitment to the objectives and work of SAfAIDS.
How to apply
If you are interested in contributing your time, expertise and leadership to this trend-setting regional organisation, please submit your CV in confidence by 26 January 2015 to: The Chairperson of the SAfAIDS Board of Trustees, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, cc email@example.com.
Download pdf below:
|SAfAIDS Advert for Regional Trustees January 2015||26.81 KB|