Call for Consultancy Services
Project Title: Transforming the Policy Environment for Accelerating Access to SRHR by Adolescents and Young People, within a SDGs Framework, in Southern Africa.
Consultancy Title: Rebranding and remodelling of the SAfAIDS website and development of a virtual Community of Practice platform.
Issue Date: 1 December 2019
Location: Consultant should be based in Southern Africa Region
Through funding support from Sweden Regional SRHR Team, SAfAIDS is implementing a three and a half year (2018-2021) regional policy and advocacy programme. The programme which has been code-named Transforming Lives. The programme seeks to contribute towards a more conducive policy environment that enables positive SRHR outcomes among adolescents and young women, in Southern Africa by 2021. Under Strategic Objective 4 (SO4) of the Transforming Lives programmes seeks to enhance knowledge sharing of working models and strategies, and innovations on SGBV, unintended pregnancies and unsafe abortions among adolescents and social accountability monitoring of youth-focused SRH services; within the region and across the broader sector, by 2021. In order to achieve this objective, a comprehensive remodelling and rebranding exercise of the SAfAIDS flagship website incorporating multi- media technologies and Knowledge Management strategies for increased uptake of SAfAIDS innovations needs to be undertaken. To be included on remodelled website will be an integration of an e-Learning platform and a virtual Community of Practice (CoP).
- Purpose and Scope of the Consultancy
Website look and feel: Following the SAfAIDS branding guidelines, design a new look-and-feel for the new SAfAIDS website capturing the different functionalities outlined in this TOR. The consultant will develop a graphic concept and the visual language of the new template. Ensure a consistent visual language throughout the new website.
Knowledge transfer: Develop a user manual and deliver a webinar for the support staff and system administrators to perform content upload, system maintenance and administration.
Support and maintenance: Administrative and technical support, quality control for a period of 6 months; Source code handover Full source code including all developed libraries shall be handed over to SAfAIDS.
Virtual Community of Practice platform: Create and develop a fully functional, user friendly virtual Community of Practice platform which will be integrated onto the redesigned SAfAIDS website. Technical support and maintenance will also be provided for quality control for a period of 6 months.
The following are the key deliverables for this assignment:
- Produce an Inception Report with the following Key Areas of Focus. (17th January 2020)
- Methodology and steps to be undertaken in the assignment.
- The tools that are to be used in conduct the Inception Report to be shared.
- Timelines and work schedules of each of the steps in the website development.
- Expectations from the consultant.
- Assessment of Deficiency Gap analysis for the current SAfAIDS website. (31st January 2020)
- Characteristics of users based on age, gender and sector.
- Technical skills competence of website users.
- Analysis of current platform.
- The successful consultant will participate in a debriefing session with SAfAIDS to understand the overall project and expectations (3rd February 2020). Based on the debriefing session and this TOR, the consultant will develop a design concept for the site. The consultant will share a maximum of three concept designs. (13th March 2020)
- The consultant will adjust concept based on feedback and comments from the SAfAIDS team.
- Final design will be shared with SAfAIDS. (31st March 2020)
- Consultant Qualifications and Experience
Be a reputable firm with at least 7 years of prior experience designing visually appealing and navigation friendly web sites; Familiarity and relevant experience in using different Content Management Systems (CMS), particularly WordPress;
- Have a broad knowledge of current web development technologies and design tools in the field, and new software and other web programming languages and programs including use of HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Macromedia Flash, Java;
- Have excellent knowledge of recent trends in graphic design, web sites, including online video publishing, and social media networking; Demonstrate the ability to create innovative and visually appealing design;
- Key professional staff qualifications and competence needed for the assignment: The lead consultant is responsible for the overall development process and assures that all code contributed is in line with coding standards.
- The consultant has extensive experience (at least four years) in programming and CMS development, including versioning of which at least two years are specific to Word Press CMS. The lead developer is an expert in the below scripting and coding languages and standards: PHP, AJAX, Java Script, HTML (including version 5), CSS (including version 3). The lead developer is an expert in the use and configuration of the below applications: Word Press CMS, MySQL Database, Apache web server, Experience with other related applications is an advantage.
- The consultant is an expert in the use and configuration of the below products and techniques: Search engine optimization, Google Webmaster tools, Google developer tools, Mobile device adaptation.
- The consultant has prior experience in creation virtual Knowledge Management platforms.
- Applications and Contracting