Deadline: 31 July 2018
SAfAIDS under the Transforming Lives programme is seeking the services of an experienced marketing company to conduct an eighteen months multi-media campaign on preventing and responding to unsafe abortions in sixteen SADC countries. Transforming Lives is a regional programme whose goal is to contribute towards a more conducive policy environment that enables positive SRHR outcomes among adolescents and young women, in sixteen SADC countries, by 2021.
The assignment involves the following key steps, and/or deliverables:
- Research:-conduct a formative study on understanding existing narratives and messages on the prevention of unsafe abortions and proposes for the design and development of alternative creative briefs and messaging to strengthen access to safe abortions and in the process prevent and respond to unsafe abortions. Findings from the formative study will prompt and contribute towards the campaign conceptualisation, key strategies, campaign tools and messages. The campaign is integrative in context, and recognises the intersectionality involving SRHR and HIV, early and unintended adolescent pregnancies (EUP) and unsafe abortions. In that regard, one of the key focus of the campaign will be on engaging men and boys in preventing and responding to unsafe abortions.
- Campaign design:- this includes coming up with the campaign goal and strategies with a detailed work plan for the region and countries. The campaign design also includes messages design and promotion with focus on marketing channels and message packaging.
- Campaign roll-out:-this needs to focus on multi-media outreach which includes banners, newsletters, social media, and mainstream media (radio, Tv, newspapers, press releases) etc.
- Monitoring and evaluation:- this is ongoing during the campaign roll-out, and especially at mid-term through impact and listenership surveys as well as tracking of the campaign roll-out and broadcast through the different outreach platforms.
The Consultant should have at least a minimum of an advanced degree in the field of media communication and development, marketing and advertising, health promotion and education; familiarity with the UN system(s) is an asset. Preference is given to experienced marketing and advertising firms. In addition, the Consultant should possess the following:
- High-level skills in multimedia campaign development with a proven track-record;
- Track-record in developing high level policy advocacy tools such as campaign strategies, and activities, policy briefs, factsheets, guidelines;
- High-level skills in development research methodology (literature review, quantitative/qualitative research with specific skills on development and analysis of market surveys).
- Extensive professional knowledge and at least 10 years’ experience in the field of health promotion, sexual reproductive health and rights including working with girls and young women as well as boys and men.
- Demonstrated experience in strategy and policy analysis and design; excellent writing and communication skills.
- Clearly stated references for at least three relevant assignments previously performed.
Download Terms of Reference here:
ToR for Multi-Media Campaign Unsafe Abortions