Deadline: 15 July 2018
SAfAIDS under the Transforming Lives programme is commissioning a, “Regional Rapid Assessment on the Adolescent SGBV-related policy environment and Unsafe Abortions in the SADC Region.” Transforming Lives is a regional programme whose goal is to contribute towards a more conducive policy environment that enables positive SRHR outcomes among adolescents and young women, in sixteen SADC countries, by 2021.
SAfAIDS is therefore seeking the services of a Consultant to conduct the assignment across the sixteen SADC countries. The assignment is divided into two related sub-assignments which is the regional rapid assessment on the adolescent SGBV-related policy environment and a situational analysis on the status and extent of unsafe abortions in the SADC region and its impact on the life outcomes of the girls and young women.
The assessment will identify gaps and opportunities, existing processes and mechanisms in place towards operationalization of the policies, and gaps in achieving SDG 5, which will inform the development and adoption of SADC Guidelines as a regional harmonized response to SGBV. The situational analysis on the other end seeks to establish the status and extent of unsafe abortions in the SADC region and its impact on the life outcomes of the girls and young women. It will also facilitate. The whole assignment also looks set to develop specific recommendations for improving country responses on adolescent SGBV and unsafe abortions.
Interested and qualified Consultants should have at least a minimum of a Master’s Degree in International Development, Public Health and/or any other relevant Social Sciences with a strong research bias. In addition, the Consultant should possess the following:
- At least 10 years’ development work research experience on SRHR, facilitating community processes and development advocacy, health promotion, including working with adolescent girls and young women;
- High-level skills in research methodology (literature review, quantitative / qualitative research with specific skills on developing surveys).
- Experience in using participatory approaches and innovative facilitation techniques especially at community and corporate platforms;
- Demonstrable experience and competence working in the SADC region within multi-stakeholder environments conducting research. This includes representation and/or competence to conduct research in each of the sixteen SADC countries;
- Demonstrated experience in strategy and policy analysis and design; excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation, analytical and report writing skills; and
- Clearly stated references for assignments previously performed.
Download Terms of Reference here:
ToR for Rapid Assessment of Adolescent SGBV Related Policy Environment
ToR for Situational Analysis on Unsafe Abortions