Deadline: 7 May 2018
SAfAIDS is documenting the learnings from one of its interventions under the Key Populations – Representation, Evidence and Advocacy for Change in Health (KP REACH). KP REACH is a three-year (2016-2018) Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria funded regional programme which was formulated by KP networks and NGOs in Southern Africa to address the high levels of HIV infection among the key populations.
The documentation is a critical component of the KP REACH programme learning agenda designed to facilitate the analysis, and sharing of good practice working models, stories of change, and approaches drawn from the in-country advocacy work conducted by the sector champions. The documentation has to be conducted across eight SADC countries.
SAfAIDS is therefore seeking for the services of technical experts to carry out the assignment across eight SADC countries. The focus is on lessons learnt, best practices, stories of change, working models in the context of advocacy, opportunities and challenges within the advocacy work done by sector champions in addressing the stigma, discrimination and violence key populations face in accessing HIV prevention, testing, treatment and other care support services.
Interested and qualified Consultants should have at least a minimum of a Master’s Degree in International Development, Public Health and/or any other relevant Social Sciences with a strong research bias. In addition, the Consultant should possess the following:
- At least seven years’ development work research experience on SRHR, facilitating community processes and development advocacy;
- Experience in using participatory approaches and innovative facilitation techniques especially at community and corporate leadership platforms;
- Demonstrable experience and competence working in the SADC region within multi-stakeholder environments conducting research. This includes the presence of competent representatives in each of the eight programme countries to assist with data collection
- Demonstrable experience in development research and documentation e.g. documentation and profiling of case studies focusing on Most Significant Stories and Stories of Change;
- Excellent presentation, analytical and report writing skills; and
- Clearly stated references for assignments previously performed.